The IMF produces and maintains an extensive library of up-to-date educational publications and periodicals for patients and caregivers, as well as for healthcare professionals. All IMF publications are always free of charge. Please click below to read, download, or order printed copies.
One of the most daunting aspects of being diagnosed with multiple myeloma is learning about an unfamiliar disease that is quite complicated. The IMF’s Patient Handbook provides an overview of multiple myeloma, with a focus on getting the correct diagnosis, the tests you really need, initial treatment options, and supportive care and how to get it.
An in-depth overview of myeloma, with a discussion of the epidemiology, pathophysiology, clinical features, treatment options, and new and emerging treatments. This information is helpful to healthcare professionals and patients alike.
The IMF's Understanding series of cancer information booklets is designed to acquaint you with specific multiple myeloma-related tests, treatments and therapies, supportive care measures, and common adverse events.
Designed to serve as consistent references in a concise manner, the IMF’s Tip Cards cover key topics, including treatment and care issues of interest to patients and caregivers.
IMF Periodicals are free by subscription at subscribe.myeloma.org.
- Myeloma Minute: Weekly email newsletter with up-to-the "minute" information about myeloma.
- Myeloma Today: Quarterly journal with scientific and clinical news about myeloma, multiple myeloma education and awareness, patient meetings, advocacy activities, and human interest stories. Available online and by mail.
The IMF's VAM initiative is a resource for veterans who are living with myeloma and seek information about their diagnosis, and who want to support one another through shared experiences.
- Myeloma Matrix: This tool tracks drugs from discovery to development to FDA approval for myeloma.
- Glossary: This glossary defines commonly used myeloma-related terms.
- Guide to Acronyms & Abbreviations: A reference list of common acronyms and abbreviations that are used in multiple myeloma.