Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, fax number and credit card information.
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details when accessing our Website.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, and other tracking technologies.
- When you fill out forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- From records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- From your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- From details of transactions you carry out through our Website and from the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
- You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted“) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions“). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although [we limit access to certain pages/you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile], please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Usage Details, IP Addresses [and Cookies/, Cookies and Other Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not identify any individual. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to use, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To respond to your inquires and requests for information.
- To fulfill a request by you for an online newsletter.
- To communicate with you about our programs and services.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- For any other purposes with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- We may also disclose your personal information:To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. Personal information provided by users of the Website is stored in a database accessible only to authorized personnel through a double password protected system. In addition, the database is only accessible from a limited number of specifically allowed IP addresses. Credit card numbers are never stored by the Website, and credit card information collected on the Website is done on a secure server that enables up to a 256-bit encrypted SSL. The confidential information and transactions cannot be viewed, intercepted or altered.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Inadvertent disclosures may result, for example, when third parties misrepresent their identities in asking the site for access to personally identifiable information about themselves for purposes of correcting possible factual errors in the data. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Visitors to www.myeloma.org who make monetary contributions through the web site (“donors”) are asked to provide information, which is kept on a proprietary database (name, affiliation, and postal address only). This information will not be shared or sold with other organizations.
Direct Mail Solicitations
Donors who make monetary contributions through a written appeal are asked to provide information which is kept on a proprietary database (name, affiliation, postal address and email). This information will not be shared or sold with other organizations. Written appeals to previous donors include on each individual solicitation the option to be removed from the mailing list should the donor wish to be removed from the mailing list.
For instructions on how you can access the personally identifiable information that the IMF has collected about you online, or how to correct factual errors in such information, please send an email, along with your first and last name, to j[email protected].