Get the Latest Information on COVID-19 for Myeloma Patients
Know your COVID-19 Community Level, read up on the IMF's latest recommendations and answers to FAQs on COVID-19 vaccines, boosters, anti-viral treatments, and more.
Read up on the IMF's latest recommendations and answers to FAQs on COVID-19 vaccines, boosters, anti-viral treatments and other relevant COVID-19 related information for patients who have multiple myeloma (MM), smoldering multiple myeloma (SMM), or monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significance (MGUS).
Use the COVID-19 Community Levels Tool* to utilize the latest data and help your community decide on the best prevention steps to take. Levels can be low, medium, or high and are based on the following:
- Number of hospital beds being used
- Hospital admissions
- Total number of new COVID-19 cases in an area
(*Maps, charts, and data are provided by the CDC, with updates every Thursday by 8 pm ET)
The IMF highly recommends these safety tips from the CDC for myeloma patients. Read up on CDC recommendations for the moderately or severely immunocompromised, building a personal COVID-19 plan, proper ventilation, and more.
- World Health Organization
- Centers for Disease Control
- FDA Grants Emergency Use Authorization for COVID-19 Drug
- Cancer Emergency Fund
- FDA: A Message to Patients With Cancer and Health Care Providers About COVID-19
- FDA Issues Guidance for Conducting Clinical Trials
- US Government Response
- Global Dashboard of confirmed cases
- Medicare and Medicaid
- Watch Out for Medicare Fraud (Possible COVID-19 scams)
- VA and Coronavirus
- The American Red Cross: Steps to Help Cope with the Evolving Coronavirus Situation
- Considerations of COVID-19–Specific Myeloma Guidelines in New York City
- Multiple Myeloma Medicare Access
- PSA Safe Grocery Shopping in COVID-19 Pandemic
- How I Am Managing My Patients With Myeloma During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- LLS COVID-19 Patient Financial Aid Program - currently closed
- Healthwell Foundation COVID-19 Ancillary Costs Support - currently closed
- Learn how the BMS Foundation is extending additional support "to help eligible unemployed patients in the U.S. who have lost their health insurance due to the COVID-19 pandemic through the first six months of 2021."
- COVID-19 Emergency Food Assistance Program by Team Rubicon and Bristol Myers Squibb
- GSK COVID-19 statement of support Patient Groups
- GSK Compassionate Use (Expanded Access) statement for Patient Groups
- Takeda Oncology Expands Patient Assistance in the U.S. During COVID-19 Crisis
- Takeda Oncology 1 Point portal
- Bristol Myers Squibb COVID-19 patient support
- Global Plasma Leaders Collaborate to Accelerate Development of Potential COVID-19 Hyperimmune Therapy
- Sanofi and GSK to join forces in unprecedented vaccine collaboration to fight COVID-19
- Johnson & Johnson Announces a Lead Vaccine Candidate for COVID-19
The International Myeloma Foundation medical and editorial content team
Comprised of leading medical researchers, hematologists, oncologists, oncology-certified nurses, medical editors, and medical journalists, our team has extensive knowledge of the multiple myeloma treatment and care landscape. Additionally, Dr. Brian G.M. Durie reviews and approves all medical content on this website.