Our March 2019 Meeting where our members accepted Seven Proclamations from the following local and regional government officials recognizing March 2019 as Myeloma Action Month:
- The Honorable Sean Patrick Maloney, US Congressman representing NYS's 18th CD
- NYS Senator James Skoufis, Representing NYS's 39th Senate Dist. and the NYS Senate
- NYS Assemblyman Karl A Brabanec, representing NYS's 98th Assembly district
- Rockland County (NY) Executive Edwin J Day, representing Rockland County NY
- Orange County (NY) Executive Steven M Neuhaus, representing Orange County NY
- Orange County Legislator Paul Ruszkiewicz, representing The OC 3rd Legislative Dist, The Orange County Legislature and Orange County NY
- The Pike County (PA) Commissioners (Chairman Matthew M Osterberg, Vice Chairman Ronald R Schmalzle, and Commissioner Steven R Guccini) representing Pike County Pennsylvania.
Attending the meeting were Mike Anagnostakis, Senior Advisor to NYS Senator Skoufis (pictured 5th from left in back row), and Paul Ruszkiewicz, Orange County Legislator (pictured 3rd from left in back row). Much thanks to them for joining us at our meeting, to learn more about Myeloma and to meet the real faces of Myeloma, and to all of our elected officials who took the time to recognize March as Myeloma Action Month and help us raise awareness with these Proclamations. Also much thanks to all of the members of the Orange County NY Multiple Myeloma Support Group, for helping to raise awareness about Multiple Myeloma, and especially Pat T. for her work in soliciting all of these Proclamations!