To the Myeloma Community,
We wanted to take some time and to keep you up to date on the Federal Government’s response regarding COVID-19. We have received a lot of questions from patients and their families about what is included in the response, and what the government has done to address the virus.
We hope this webpage is helpful and as always, we are happy to answer any questions you may have. Reach out to us anytime at [email protected].
Please stay safe and healthy!
Recent Executive Orders Impacting the Myeloma Community (Updated 8/12/2020)
- Increasing Drug Importation to Lower Prices for American Patients
- Lowering Prices for Patients by Eliminating Kickbacks to Middlemen
- Most Favored Nation Drug Pricing
- Improving Rural Health and Telehealth Access
- Ensuring Essential Medicines, Medical Countermeasures, and Critical Inputs Are Made in the United States
- Deferring Payroll Tax Obligations in Light of the Ongoing COVID-19 Disaster
General Government Actions (Updated 4/22/20)
- Defense Production Act
- Pentagon and Veteran Affairs Assist
- IMF Signs on to Guidance Letter on Avoiding Disability-Based Discrimination in Treatment Rationing for Coronavirus
- Cancer Groups Call On States To Protect Cancer Patients From Discrimination in COVID-19 Treatment Plans
- Telehealth Services During Certain Emergency Period
- FDA Funding
- CDC Funding:
- NIH Funding
- Other Provisions
What is in the Families First Corona Virus Response Act that President Trump signed into law on March 18th?
- Food and Nutrition Services Safety Net Programs
- Healthcare Employee Safety
- Paid Leave Program
- Covid-19 Testing Requirements
- Telehealth Service Clarification
- Income for American Families
- Small Business Assistance
- Assistance to Large Businesses
- Direct Funding to Combat the Pandemic
For up-to-date information, visit Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.