Hybrid Meetings: In-Person and Virtual
- In-Person: Prospect Public Library, 17 Center Street, Community Room, Prospect, CT 06712
- We ask all that attend meetings in-person to be fully vaccinated and boosted.
- We ask that you NOT attend meetings if you have Covid-19 or have been exposed to someone diagnosed with Covid-19 within the past two weeks.
- Masks at meetings will be optional and seating will be physically spaced accordingly.
- The Community Room has special air purifiers installed to help with safety precautions.
- Virtual: We will continue to provide group members with a Zoom link to join meetings virtually.
Welcome to the CT Myeloma Fighters Information Group!
For any additional info, please contact us:
Michael or Robin Tuohy at 203-206-3536
Jon Fitzpatrick at 203-709-0744
Email: [email protected]
Why attend our Information Group?
Support groups bring together myeloma patients, caregivers, family members & friends. Patients involved in a support group experience more positive outcomes due to their understanding of treatment options and enables them to have key conversations with their healthcare team.
Support Group Events
Michael and Robin Tuohy started the CT Multiple Myeloma Fighters Information Group in the Spring of 2001 with the help of the International Myeloma Foundation. Michael was diagnosed with multiple myeloma in 2000 at the age of 36. Our support group was the 1st support group specifically for multiple myeloma patients in the State of CT. Myeloma patients, caregivers, family and friends are welcome to attend our meetings.
Our mission is to be an ongoing resource for information, support, shared experiences and hope for persons with multiple myeloma, their family and friends.
Our focus is to reach out to the myeloma community and empower them through education, provide support, and let them know they are not alone. Education is key in the fight against myeloma. Although we are not medical professionals, we strive to provide the most current information in myeloma treatment, clinical trials, side effects, pain management and quality of life issues by our affiliation with the International Myeloma Foundation. Patients talk about things that doctors don’t – like insurance, bills, assistance, work and how to go about life in general. Our shared experiences help each other!
If you would like to share your story please contact us. By sharing our experiences we can help each other. Knowledge is Power!