Top Myeloma Research at ASH 2023 from a Patient Perspective
Along with patient advocate panelists, Dr. Brian G. M. Durie will discuss important Top Myeloma Research and Key Takeaways from the 2023 American Society of Hematology (ASH) Conference.
What’s New in Myeloma Research?
Of the more than 7,000 abstracts “representing the most cutting-edge science in hematology” presented at the 2023 ASH meeting, about 1,000 abstracts were related to multiple myeloma.
In this webinar, IMF Chairman of the Board and Chief Scientific Officer Dr. Brian G. M. Durie will host a panel discussion highlighting the patient perspective with patient advocate panelists, Jessie Daw, PhD and Michael Tuohy.
Some of the topics of utmost interest to the myeloma community include the following:
- Latest myeloma treatments and results of ongoing clinical trials
- Underlying myeloma disease biology
- Testing and monitoring (e.g., MRD, genomics, immune testing, mass spectrometry)
- 2023 Hot Topics (i.e., real-world data, drug access, and racial disparities)
- Clinical Pearls from smaller studies which may guide clinical decision-making
Dr. Durie explains this data in approachable terms that patients and care partners can use in their everyday care decision-making.
The webinar will conclude with a summary discussion and closing remarks. At the end of the presentation, participants will have time to ask questions through a Live Q&A.