Dr. S. Vincent Rajkumar (Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN) discusses which five trials he found to be most significant at ASCO 2018:
- Using bb2121 for relapse refractory multiple myeloma patients, which showed an increased median survival rate of one year.
- Changing the dosage of carfilzomib from twice a week to once a week, making it easier for patients to take...
- And from same study as above, using high-dose versus low-dose carfilzomib. Results indicated that a higher dose is not necessarily better, and that it still needs to be studied further in combinations.
- Using a subcutaneous method of treatment is more effective than an intravenous method of daratumumab (DARA) administration in patients with relapsed or refractory multiple myeloma.
- Using the triplet combination of pomalidomide + bortezomib + dexamethasone as opposed to bortezomib + dex delivered better patient outcomes.