Could Your Patient Have Multiple Myeloma? Don’t Miss the Signs
In this CME series, IMF Chief Medical Officer Joseph Mikhael (Professor, Applied Cancer Research and Drug Discovery, Translational Genomics Research Institute (TGen) at City of Hope Cancer Center – Phoenix) provides education for primary care providers and hematologists/oncologists on the signs and symptoms of multiple myeloma (MM) so they can remove barriers to earlier diagnosis and improve treatment in the African- American community.
The following videos, presented by Medscape Oncology, are designed for healthcare practitioners to earn certified medical education (CME) credits.
To earn these CME credits,
- Register for free at Medscape.org
- Login to your Medscape account.
- Enter this link into your browser: www.medscape.org/commentary/mm-signs
- View this virtual course in its entirety.
- Complete CME/ABIM MOC credit activities.
Target Audience and Goal Statement
This activity is intended for primary care providers and hematologists/oncologists.
- Have increased knowledge regarding the
- Racial disparities in MM clinical presentation
- Diagnosis of MM
- Demonstrate greater confidence in their ability to
- Identify patients that should be referred to a hematologist/oncologist for MM treatment